The Intel® RealSense™ DIM Weight Software provides an SDK for developers to create their own solutions. In addition to the pre-built sample app, the file Intel_RealSense_DWS_1.1.pdf, which is provided with the DIM Weight Software SDK when you extract it, contains sample code and instructions for setting up your own project.
There are many ways to configure your Visual Studio project based on your own standards. This article is a detailed guide for one way to setup your DIM Weight Sample solution in Visual Studio.
The major steps are listed in section 6.4 Integration. In step 1, the correct filename is DWSSDK.dll.
The sample app code is in section 8. Example code
In Visual Studio:
- Create a new C++ Console Project
- Set platform (Debug or Release) | x64
- Copy the full sample code from Intel_RealSense_DWS_1.1.pdf into your main source file.
- Create directories named include and lib in your Project folder
- Copy header files Intel_RealSense_DWS\RealSenseDWS_SDK\*.h into your Project\include directory
- Copy file Intel_RealSense_DWS\RealSenseDWS_SDK\DWSSDK.lib into your Project\lib directory
- Right-click the DWS project | Properties | Configuration Properties:
- C/C+ | General | Additional Include Directories:$(ProjectDir)include;%(AdditionalIncludeDirectories)
General | Additional Library Directories: $(ProjectDir)lib;%(AdditionalLibraryDirectories)
Input | Additional Dependencies: DWSSDK.lib;....%(AdditionalDependencies)
- Build Events | Pre-Link Event | Command Line: xcopy /y /e "<full path>\Intel_RealSense_DWS\RealSenseDWS_SDK\*" "$(TargetDir)"
- Copy the License file, from when you activated the DIM Weight Software, into the same directory as your .exe, which may be x64/Debug or x64/Release.
- Make sure your camera is connected when you run the program and no other program, such as RealSense Viewer, is accessing the camera.
- Run your program.