I am trying to test a D455 on a machine (Celeron J3455 / Win 10 17763.557) that until now ran a D435 with SDK 2.19. That SDK version doesn't support the D455 (no device seen in RS Viewer) so I downloaded the pre-compiled 2.38 installer (Intel.RealSense.SDK-WIN10-18.104.22.1683.exe), uninstalled the old SDK and installed the new one.
RealSense Viewer would not start (Application Error dialog 'unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)'). The Depth Quality tool started fine and recognised the D455. I need the viewer so I drilled down on the start up error.
Event Viewer had two messages for this:
Faulting application name: realsense-viewer.exe, version: 22.214.171.1243, time stamp: 0x5f06cd82
Faulting module name: cpu_extension.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f06c8d5
Exception code: 0xc000001d
Fault offset: 0x0000000000067aac
Faulting process id: 0x1ff4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6be6d8cc9a564
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel RealSense SDK 2.0\tools\realsense-viewer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel RealSense SDK 2.0\tools\cpu_extension.dll
Report Id: ae7972f3-933c-48e1-81b7-0ca3f9019461
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Windows cannot access the file for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program Intel(R) RealSense(TM) Viewer because of this error.
Program: Intel(R) RealSense(TM) Viewer
The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
- It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
- It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.
Error value: 00000000
Disk type: 0
I then launched the RS Viewer from windbg.exe and got the following:
which suggests a checksum issue with cpu_extension.dll. To mitigate against system, disk, and download errors, I ran SFC, DSIM, SFC (again), CHKDSK, and even tried with the v2.36 pre-compiled installer. In all cases the error remains with the same module and offset.
Anyone got any thoughts? It'll be hard to test the D455 meaningfully without RS Viewer.
Please sign in to leave a comment.